Thursday, January 31, 2008

Reception Problems

My first day back to the basement... Overall it was a good day, despite having to tell more than a few people about my excursion down south, over and over again. A couple people gave me the, "so, you came back, huh?" to which I could barely mumble a response.

L. Marge was more than excited to see me, giving me a great yelp of a hello, which honestly unnerved me quite a bit.

Despite that, I still found I knew my recipes by heart, not like I was gone all that long, long enough to forget (one day), but I was still a little shaky about doing the work again.

...

Though after I woke up this morning I went to retrieve some Cd's from the stereo, and found to my dismay that it no longer is functioning the way it should. For some reason the five disc pod bay simply refuses to open, nor to acknowledge any Cd's inside of it.

Booooo!

Ever since I bought it, it has given me problems. I really think the thing is haunted, because for no reason at all it would turn itself on, pump the volume as loud as it could at a steady pace, and turn the radio on to no station at all, resulting in a blast of static waking me up at four in the morning.

At other times the buttons would reprogram themselves randomly, so that the eject button would turn it off, the play button switch itself to the radio, and the off button to something utterly else. It even did this with the remote control.

I learned to keep the thing unplugged at night, and in fact I barely used it. It gave me the creeps.

But hey, its all right. One less thing to pack. (wink, wink).

I just gotta find a way to break into it.

Heaving it over my head and throwing it against something hard, like concrete, seems to me a very good idea. I've always wanted to smash some sort of electronic equipment into a bunch of pieces.

(note- throwing a computer over the edge of a three story apartment building, drunkenly at four in the morning, a few times, does not result in the kind of spectacular display one might like to imagine it having. Trust me.)

...

Oh, and the stereo at work today seemed to be on the fritz as well. We do certainly abuse stereo equipment in our kitchen.

Especially the douche that dropped the old one into a giant pot of freshly made soup, after it had bounced off his extremely thick skull. Ha. That was a good one.
...

Something I forgot about airport security - Despite all the special, extra attention they gave me, somehow they neglected to find the book of matches that were in my coat pocket, which I found out about later at the bar that night, which saddened me, only because I really wanted to have a cigarette after getting out to the street.

...


And a shout out to my new friends in Austin, the wonderful people at Texas Coffee Trader's, who now know about my blog, thanks to Squid. You are all probably at Lovejoys this very minute, enjoying many, many pints, and for that I'm extremely jealous, and longing to be there.

I tried going to my The Bar the other night, and it just wasn't the same... I mean, yeah, but, really...

I ask this again, is moving to a new town simply for a bar a really bad idea?

1 comment:

Lass. said...

There are worse reasons, there are better...I think your real question, little grasshopper, is, "How quickly can I pack?".