Thursday, January 3, 2008

200 Gr8!

My New Years evening progressed as follows:

G. and I walked up to the pub for a beverage, considering they were still running their Monday night happy hour. Unfortunately they set up some kind of dance party in the party room that looked to be total lamesville, so we bailed and proceeded to the local dive bar to ring in the new year proper.

Which we did. I pulled the ye old Gaius "triple fist" which is trademarked, so don't even try to use that one, most of the evening which left me very inebriated. My vain hopes at securing a cheesy midnight kiss failed miserably. That's ok, those of you around for the year 2000 party held in the old Leavitt apartment will most certainly remember the two hour make out session I had, which thankfully was recorded on film for posterity.

Though my friend JB did manage to go up to a girl i had referred to earlier as "hot," unbeknownst to me, and invite her to talk to me because, and I quote, "he wants to take a picture of you touching his butt." She did wander over my way, and I found myself suddenly awkward and shy, and totally unable to really make conversation with her. Its good to know that after 29 years and a long term relationship that almost culminated in marriage, that I am still totally awkward and shy when it comes to women. Still got it!

...

As we left the bar, G. and I trudged through the newly fallen 10 inches of snow that wasn't there when we entered the bar, and made our way to a party down the street from our home. I don't remember much at this point, except drinking more, eating popcorn, and falling down on the kitchen floor. We then left said party, G. with half a bottle of scotch in hand, and I a single can of PBR in my pocket. Why? I don't know. Because it was there.

Then we watched Batman Begins, and I passed out.

Happy New Year!

...

Otherwise, I'm procrastinating doing various errands and chores, yet again. Although I did secure time off for the end of the month to finally take that vacation I desperately need and desire. Now I need to purchase tickets...

No comments: