Saturday, February 2, 2008

Adderalls Well, That Ends Well

For some reason after getting the internet hooked up in this house, whenever I check Google or log into my blog, they are displayed in German. Other websites seem to be in English. I do not know why. Maybe Google is telling me something, like move to Germany, or perhaps they are trying to expand my horizons.

...

Oh Friday night. Some friends of mine decided to go out dancing at The Bar, to the Soul Club event at which DJ's spin soul, afro, funk music and people are invited to dance. I'm not much of a dancer, but i do enjoy it, and it usually takes a few drinks to really get me into it. Let's just say I got the drinking part down last night, though I only did probably about two songs worth of dancing.

My friend's didn't seem to be in the mood to dance, and were more prone to sitting in the back of the bar drinking and talking, which suited me just fine.

Let's just say there were some complications on the dance floor. A certain someone I'm not ready to socialize with again.

So that cast a shadow over some of the evenings proceedings, and I'll admit I kind of drank a lot to deal with it, as I am prone to do from time to time, but really I tried to enjoy myself. That and half the Adderall my friend gave me, well, made things somewhat fuzzy for me.

And probably added to the minor breakdown I had when I got home.

Oops.

The good thing is that I didn't drunk dial anybody. Although I did send some drunk texts to my friends, and not the complication, which is also good. Props to me for keeping my shit somewhat together!

Though I felt like death when I woke up this morning, or shall I say, woke up with the lights on and me laying perpendicular to my bed, my legs on the floor, and then when I realized I had to be to work in three hours, I tried to sleep the correct way, and received one of those super awful leg cramps, the one that feels like an ice pick being stabbed into your calf, when your leg bends against your will. This made me walk funny for the first part of my day.

...

Work was actually kind of enjoyable today, strangely, despite the fog of my hangover, and the older ladies the share the basement work space yap yap yapping away about the most inane subjects... they literally sounded like clucking chickens to me. I was on fire with some witty banter today as well.

And I'm beginning to think L. Marge has a thing for me, cuz whenever she sees me she's all huge, radiant smiles.

No comments: