Wednesday, January 23, 2008

All Systems Go.

A coworker said something odd to me yesterday, as he was leaving. He said, "I haven't seen you smile in quite a long time... this is a good thing."

I realized I was smiling, which struck me as odd, that I didn't even realize I was smiling. That I had forgotten what it felt like.

But I do know why I was.

I leave for Austin tomorrow morning. I'm currently spending the first day of my vacation being as lazy as possible, though I know I should be getting stuff in order, packing, tying up loose ends, etc, before I go. But I just want to cherish this feeling, the feeling that I don't have to work for eight whole days. In a row.

So much relief.

Though I've had some time at home with the holidays and such, I haven't really taken any time off that was was solely for me, to go where I want, and that didn't involve family, which can sometimes not really be considered a vacation (if you knew my family).

I'm actually kind of impressed with myself, that given the events of the last five months, I've come through it pretty much ok, didn't do anything majorly destructive to myself, and was able to show up to work, and get the job done, though there were times I almost broke down...

I'm feeling much more like myself lately. And it feels good.

So I probably won't be updating while I'm away.

But I'll be back on Monday with tales of my adventures down south.

Hope all is well and dandy.

...

1 comment:

Lass. said...

You're moving here. I feel it in my ancient, prescient bones. Also, I am VERY EXCITED about seeing you tomorrow!!!!