Friday, January 18, 2008

Day Dreams of Dreamy Days (and Fire)

I love my friend Squid. She's pretty much the only person who actually calls me on the phone, not that I'm complaining, because I loathe talking on the phone for longer than two minutes, hence my fear of ordering food, and dealing with most other things one has to actually use the telephone for.

But I do love text messages, and indeed any technology that was invented to bring us closer together but actually drives us further apart. (like how email has replaced real, actual, hand-written letters. Or that text messages mean I don't even have to call people to figure out their plans for the evening.)

I digress.

She called me today to let me know she's already coming up with options for places for me to live in Austin, whenever I muster up the courage to pack my things up and go.

I don't even have to look for a place to live now.

Sweet!

...

Oh my day dreams. Wonderful day dreams.

Several coworkers have been asking me about my vacation plans. A few people apparently do know me rather well, because they will ask, "when are you coming back... er... are you coming back?"

To which I reply, "probably not..."

I'm half serious.

I do not really possess many material goods that I'm horribly affectionate for. A few meaningful trinkets and decorations, Ultra Magnus (my laptop), my guitar, and my clothes...

I do not own furniture, at least, I haven't really ever bought furniture, beyond my crappy twin bed which I should probably get rid of anyway (springs are more and more noticeable), and the furniture the Lady didn't want to get rid of on her own, so she left it in the apartment. I have a TV that was given to me for free when Squid left for Texas. Free because somehow she was vaccuming around it the day before she left, and this somehow "shocked" the TV into constantly displaying the menus over and over again in the lower left hand corner, which I accepted because I thought it would deter me from playing video games so much, since I can't see the game all that well.

I own some DVD's but lately I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bought them. Some are essential movies I watch over and over again, but really, I don't even watch them that often... They are expensive if you think about it, and Netflix seems to be a better idea when I think about it, even though I'm stalling to get that service.

I do possess a lot of CD's, which I do like buying, even though the music industry bothers me, and never pays the actual artist or band enough. I do not own an Ipod or any some such device.

I'm thinking of having a stuff sale before I move, where I just sell most of what I own.

That and I've always had a secret, strange wish to lose all of my material goods in a fire. Even though that would be tragic and inconvenient, and I would miss some things, still, I have that day dream from time to time.

...


Oh, and I fixed my head. I now have an evenly shaven skull. No more Mange. It feels good, and I don't need to wear a hat anymore.

1 comment:

Lass. said...

It is warm here, and despite being surrounded by Texans, life can be quite pleasant.

I'm getting back from Boston the day you hit town. Call me!!