Saturday, January 5, 2008

Fair Weather, Fairer Thoughts

The temperature has climbed well into the upper forties, and this is a godsend. Practically a heat wave, almost no winter coat weather for us hardy folks of the north. I walked to work in the rain, which is ten times better than no snow. Though now the streets are soupy with melted snow and slush, but I will take it. It will do.

And the forecast is for more, somewhere in the fifties on Monday, which I'm not holding my breath for, as it seems when every one mentions this fact to each other, the temperature climbs with each retelling, like a hopeful game of Telephone. Do I hear 60 degrees, anyone? 62, sold to the man in the apron!

Either way, I feel better for it, already. And hopefully tonight the sublimation will begin, when the snow turns into massive fog, and blankets this town in smoke and mist. Those are the best nights to walk around.

...

I found a rubber band on the ground at work today, outside on the receiving dock where everyone smokes. Magically, the rubber band had fallen to the ground and sat there in the perfect shape of a heart. I walked past it thinking nothing of it, until it registered, the heart shape, and I picked it up and put my hand through it... A little sign from above, this one thinks.

And then I found a small foam cut-out in the shape of heart near where I keep my coat. I've yet to grab it, but I know its still there.

Every little bit helps.

...

And then there's this.

Which is neat because I'll be flying into San Antonio for my Super Awesome Fun Texas Adventure vacation I will be taking at the end of the month.

Every little bit helps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's so good to read you again. and i liked the rubberbandheart story. nice.