Thursday, January 3, 2008

Fear of a Credit Card Planet

Furious anger. I just spent the last two hours of my life attempting to purchase tickets online at a certain airline company's website. Thanks to something called Address Verification which from what I understand is supposed to verify the address at which one resides, but somehow no matter what combination of my address (which I'm pretty sure I know what it is, considering I live there) I enter into this thing, it simply does not register. Which is pretty nifty because it charges a dollar to my card each and every attempt, which I found out after I called my bank in order to verify my address with them, which is what the airline's website recommended I do if such an error occurred.

I really hope this wasn't some damn fool error on my part, considering that I went through the whole buying process a couple different times just to make sure.

Now I'm currently ticket-less and mucho pissed off.

So I sent them a scathing email, for all the possible good it will do.

...

On the other hand I purchased four new albums today thanks to the beauty of gift cards, which do not require address verification, and I'm listening to one Devendra Banhart, Rejoicing in the Hands. Which is probably the only thing keeping me from going utterly ape-shit. This album is fantastic, and gets the Gaius PC seal of approval.


...

Mad.

No comments: