Monday, December 31, 2007

Eve's Dropping...

Happy New Year wishes to everyone who reads this. Which is probably two of you out there, but hey, that's ok.

Really. This has been a major suck year, and frankly, I wash my hands of it. Not that an arbitrary day we have picked to mark the start of our calendar year has any major significance, but I'm hoping the new year does bring better fortunes my way.

As for resolutions, well, I noticed that any resolutions I've made in the past have failed miserably, mainly because I have little to no will power. So I made a new year's resolution never to make new year's resolutions again a few years ago. Which is going to fail still, since I'm making a resolution to quit smoking... at some point... in the near distant future... at least before I turn 30... cause its no longer cool to smoke when you're old... or older... er.

Ok. Let's have some basic goals here.

In the new year I would like to: write at least 12 songs of varying degrees of "decent" to "above average" in craft and lyrics. I've been working on some Star Trek related material, an idea I've had for some time now but never really sat down to do it. Compiling these songs onto an album would be a great bonus. (I'm a total dork, I know)

Write at least three short stories.

Figure out if I want to move somewhere new, and do it once the lease is up.

Take up some form of exercise on a somewhat regular basis.

Quit the smoking.

Drink less... Due to recent circumstances my intake has slightly increased. Slightly...

Write up a budget I can actually stick to, and stick to it.

Quit the video games, for good. I'm serious about this one.

um... that's all I got for now.

...

And tonight I shall go forth unto the Pub, and the The Bar. Mayhem will ensue. Daughters, lock up your mothers. Its going to be a long night. I'm feeling some very destructive tendencies, not really, I just would like to have a very fun night. Even though I consider the Eve to be amateur night.

And secretly I would like to kiss some strange girl at midnight. Just a kiss, nothing more... not yet ready for that... not even a makeout. Just a kiss. Sounds cheesy, I know.

...

To all: be safe, be smart, have fun, and don't get caught.

Merry New Year!

1 comment:

Lass. said...

Happy 'Ought-and-Eight to you, friend.