Monday, December 10, 2007

Cholesteroholic

The test results are in:

I'll admit I was quite hesitant to open the letter, my inner-hypochondriac suddenly emerging. The numbers were listed in a row, with check boxes along side them, the two categories reading: "Normal," and "Abnormal," with none of the boxes checked, which really made me worry for a second.

Great, I thought. I'm off the charts.

But after a quick check of some medical websites that the hypochondriac in me should definitely not be checking out on a daily basis, I figured that my cholesterol level is actually, surprisingly, amazingly, ok.

I was kinda figuring I'd get the "uh, technically you shouldn't be alive right now," call, which thankfully I did not receive.

My diet and habits are not exactly what I'd call healthy.

So I celebrated my good cholesterol levels and general health by going to the bar to chain smoke, drink four beers and eat a massive mound of potato skins covered in cheese and bacon dipped into some kind of white sauce made mostly of sour cream and probably something else really bad for you.

I'm not too worried. I definitely need to bulk up for the winter, my winter coat if you will. I'm still rail thin from all the stress of the last few months...

1 comment:

Lass. said...

Glad you're not dying n' stuff.