Sunday, December 23, 2007

And the Award Goes To:

I think I've officially won The Golden Liver award for this week.

Two nights in a row of intense, unabashed, alcohol abuse in the form of a birthday celebration and Squid's homecoming for the holidays, both nights lasting exceedingly longer than they should have, at least the drinking portions of the evening.

I'm thoroughly out of commission today, and am having trouble figuring out why I'm even remotely contemplating going out again tonight, especially since I threw up this morning, and pretty much slept until four in the afternoon.

Anyway, here are some highlights:

  • A friend's thirtieth birthday. We made him a card by cutting up an old biker magazine and pasting pictures and words and such. The best quotation, "Jesus got his start at thirty!"
  • Receiving a Christmas present from S. and B., two t-shirts, one that reads, "Make it so, Number One" and the other simply says "Engage" both in Star Trek TNG font. I cried tears of pure, nerdly joy, and will not stop wearing them. I gave them my movie tickets, even though they expire in a week.
  • Drinking La Roja Artisan Amber Ale, brewed by the fine folks from Jolly Pumpkin. Simply smashing beer. Find it, drink it.
  • Chili cheese fries at four in the morning. Probably saved my life.
  • Not making out with that drunk girl. Probably saved my life.
  • Darts at the bar with Squid, our old pastime.
  • Squid. Period.
  • The term "massive fingering." Don't ask.

...


I'm now going to the hippy Co-op to get hippy healthy food. My liver and my body demands it.

Hangovers are so not worth it anymore.

...

Oh, I've also discovered a new obsession: Plastic Island.

read this.

Its terrible and devastating and will probably be the death of us all. More importantly, I wonder if I can walk around on it, or if plastic creatures will evolve there.

No comments: