Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Day That was Thursday

I received them as a Christmas bonus last year, the small gift the powers that be at the restaurant dole out every year as a gift. Four free tickets to the local movie theater in town.

Despite plans made, and broken, and remade and rebroken, somehow I never seemed to have found the wherewithal to actually go to the theater and use them. They expire in exactly eleven days, so I decided to treat myself to a picture show, this being my day off and all.

I don't mind going to the movies alone. I used to do it quite a bit. Though I was sad this time around that the movie was showing in the smaller theater, not the grand one with the pipe organ and the upper deck seating that I enjoy.

I saw I'm Not There, the Bob Dylan biography, which I found to be all right. Some of the story lines I found not as amusing as others, and I'm not really sure what connections were trying to be made with the little black boy guitarist. If the Pat Garret parts of the movie were somehow their own story, apart from it all, I would have liked them that much more.

...

I had intentions of giving away the remaining three tickets. I don't exactly see myself going to the theater three more times by myself before the new year, and I thought it would have been a kind, random gesture, to bestow upon some unsuspecting people some free tickets. But alas, there weren't too many people hanging outside the theater, so they are still in my wallet.

...

Apart from that, I spent my day off doing chores of various sorts.

Despite the two coffee makers we possess, I happily discovered my old coffee maker and coffee grinder to still be in residence at my old abode, which I've since rescued. I intended to give them away to an old roommate traveling south, but I guess he left them there, much to my chagrin.

I spent some time cleaning up the old appliances, and they are looking sharp. I also spent some time on some songs, of which I have two new ideas, one centering around the other two coffee makers, and one about the great leak of 2007. I also worked on my flask, a flask that I had stolen from a party probably three years ago, in a drunken haze, that night which still lives on in infamy with a couple friends of mine. The details are sordid, and perhaps one day will be revealed. But the flask itself, has become a Kamel Red sponsored flask, one I decorated from old boxes of the brand of cigarettes I still fondly think of, even though I smoke the cheaper, rolling tobacco kind, which one day soon I will be quit of. Hopefully.

I also cleaned my room, and did some dishes, and am now procrastinating taking out the trash, once again.

...


There are things to look forward to.

Like this weekend, specifically Saturday, my friend Squid shall arrive from Texas way, and we shall go to the bar and get mighty drunk, for that is the way of things. Both of us have been inundated with relationship strains, very similar, and very devastating, and will have much to discuss. And quite frankly, I miss her entirely so, and I will be overwhelmed to have her back in this town again...

I need to see my friends.

And now I look forward to sleep. And my dreams, which have been really odd lately.

That is where I'm a viking.

No comments: