Monday, February 4, 2008

Sweet Power Bands

Ok, so I realized not smoking at all today was more than likely not going to happen. It was indeed the thought that counted. I did manage to smoke significantly less, at least for the first half of my day. And I'm really concentrating now on cutting down considerably. It just ain't worth it anymore.

Someone suggested cutting out behaviors and actions that make me think of smoking, which I actually pondered for a while today.

Actions that make me think of smoking:

Eating
Drinking
Waking up
Being at work
Coming home from work
Getting out of the Shower (always a good one, don't know why)
Last one of the night before I go to sleep
After sex (don't gotta worry about this one for a while)
Walking to work
Getting to work (after I grab the coffee)
etc...

Well, looks like I'll have to quit my job, stop eating, drinking, going to the bar, and sleeping, showering and waking up...

Could be in it for the long haul...

...

How come no one told me today was officially, "Everyone Get in Gaius' Way" Day. I most certainly attended this celebration of sharing work spaces, because Everyone got in my goddamn way today. People were lining up to just walk through the kitchen, stand in front of the ovens I need to get into, or in front of the walk-in door I needed to get in, especially when carrying large pots and pans and heavy Cambros full of heavy foods. One Lady really got to me, by getting in my way, seriously five times, in three different locations, each time ignoring my chants of, "Behind. Behind You. Behind. Heavy. Hot. Sharp! Hellooooo."

Just because some people are having a nice slow, easy day, doesn't mean other people around you are.

End Rant.

...

Despite this, had a good day. People in the basement seemed to be hopped up on goofballs, and were very entertaining. Except for the incessant Super Bowl talk, of which I did actually chime in because I caught half the game for no other reason except that it was on, and everyone at the bar was watching it, and commentating on it.

I did see the most amazing device though. At one point Tom Brady has this wrist band thing (I don't watch sports) that flips open to reveal a list of all the plays he can use, which after I saw it I totally wanted one.

I imagined myself wearing them at work, and flipping it open to reveal all the recipes I would be using that day. Would be totally awesome and sweet.

No comments: