Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dude Went Nuts

I'll admit, its the great puffy snow, falling steadily outside of my house, and its even harder to admit that I find it quite beautiful right now. Despite this, this is February, the hardest bleakest month of the winter to get through, and its been gray for days. Despite the fact that the now falling pretty snow earlier in the day was half ice and water, balls of sleet pelting the roads, ice waiting to form over everything.

I half expected the heat to not be working in the house, but it is, thankfully... Because it wasn't that way in the workplace for the last two days, and probably won't be fixed until tomorrow. I'm used to wearing long johns under my shirts, and a sleeveless hoody. (I'm a fashion pioneer. Also in my portfolio - the double hoody, one to wear up and the other to wear down. And I'm still a prep cook...) Add a scarf and a winter hat. It felt like I was working in the walk-in refrigerator all day.

...

At band practice last night, my old roommate came home, the one I call "Zee German" because he's very proud of his heritage. Also very anal retentive and emotionally unsound. Like, way more than I could ever hope to be... and proceeded to go utterly apeshit over the fact he had had a bad date.

Some back story: We used to have numerous house meetings dedicated to the many problems he found with the other three of us' lifestyles. Most involved general cleaning of the house, which he often undertook himself due to the fact he couldn't stand the slightest bit of mess. I'll admit I can be quite a slob, but its usually contained within my own room. And while I've conquered my resentment of washing dishes, I still have a hard time cleaning the bathroom. But if you got someone as anal as him, well, why should I clean if he's just going to do it every week. Every week.

Not to mention the cats, which bothered the hell out of him. Couldn't stand the little beasts, and though I kind of sided with him a little bit, (the great worm and flea infestation of 06' sealed the deal. It forever drove a wedge between the cats and I.) I still got a little upset when he suggested getting rid of the cats, and used the term "final solution" in the same sentence. Knowing his background, I kept my eye on the kitchen oven for a while.

Also he sometimes spazzes out completely, usually in a destructive manner, which usually involves kicking chairs, throwing small appliances (broke my old microwave, and the vaccum cleaner) and loud yelling.

And so: He came into the house as we were finishing our practice, and immediately went on a rampage (as he's prone to do) and decided to kick a stool against the wall, and throw a pair of scissors against a wall, full force... I decided to take the time to clean up our beer bottles, just in case he went for those. And then decided to launch into a huge tirade about women and the pointlessness of even trying to be in a relationship.

Dude had one bad date, not even a really bad one, it just got interrupted by the girl's ex, who happened to have called during it... Ok, not cool really, but still.

I'm sitting there thinking, well, shit, congrats to you for getting the nerve up to actually go on a date with someone. Even if the girl probably had some leftover shit to deal with from her last relationship, which she apparently told you about, and you still went out with her... What did you expect? Not to mention your audience is pretty unforgiving, especially me, having gone through a huge breakup/disengagement, which I've been pretty upset about, but not to the point of breaking shit. Especially over one date. WTF?

Sorry pal, not going to feel all that bad about it.

In fact, made me feel pretty good about myself.

I mean, I know I got some emotional problems, but damn, they ain't so bad...

...


And in other news I'm thinking about going to the doctor again. My stomach's been pretty messed up lately, and it just doesn't seem to be going away. It just feels like a low kind of burning, though not all that painful, just constant kind of grinding...

No comments: