Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And its Only Tuesday...

It is officially the worst part of winter, the "Do or Die" stretch of the season. I wanted to die when I woke up this morning. 5-8 more inches of goddamn snow. But I chose do, and waded through the fresh powder on my way to work. All this after three glorious sunny days, chilly, but you could see the frickin' sun, and actual deep blue sky. Then the snow melts a little, and the next day there is so much more of it. This snow will probably melt in three more miserable days, and then snow again. Repeat. Enough to drive you crazy all through March...

Sorry to be such a weather man. I wish I had more interesting topics to discuss.

...

No signs of illness still... fingers are crossed. Thank you for the suggestions for if it really hits me.

...

L. Marge, out of nowhere today, said to me that we should install those cartoon trick stairs, that at a flip of the switch suddenly go flat, making a slide for the victim to fall down. Those fifteen steps I go up and down everyday, like, a lot (tomorrow I'm going to count how many times I go up and down the stairs all day.) that lead to my basement work place.

I cracked up, and totally agreed with her.

I could do so much damage to so many people with that. Awesome!

I am strangely growing fond of L. Marge. She's one tough lady, has seen a lot of shit in her time, and doesn't take none of it. She's quite vocal about her feelings towards the "goddamn, shit, fucking ______" or the "well, that's crazy..." She also purposely leaves the hardest to clean dishes for the PM dish shift. She also tells me what she is cooking for dinner... for the dogs. She also cracked a joke about herself, referencing her "sunny disposition." She also talks out of the side of her mouth. And can get somewhat vulgar, sometimes more so than me and my coworkers. And we can get pretty bad...

...

Oh, and add to the growing list of house ordeals roommate and I have had to go through, that there are now ants everywhere in our bathroom. Don't they hibernate or something? For some reason they seem to enjoy my bottle of mouthwash. Great.

1 comment:

Lass. said...

Ants suck. They are EVERYWHERE down here. Try those sugar traps (cheap at the hardware store or Walgreens). Or if you're more sadistic, like me, set your mouthwash into a shallow dish of water, thus creating a moat for them to drown in as they attempt to reach the mighty blue bottle. It works. Also, belated congrats on being strong, like bull, and kicking the flu to the curb. ROCK OVER JOZKA'S IMMUNE SYSTEM!!!