Saturday, February 16, 2008

Chocolate, Dudes, Beer

For some reason chocolate makes me sneeze. Usually after the first bite, I feel it well up in my sinuses, and then achoo. Not that its particularly troublesome. Only recently have I discovered a new found taste for things chocolate. Though I still tend to avoid most candies and sweets.

I did rather enjoy the chocolate people were handing out on Valentine's day. Loads of Hershey's Kisses, and the little Dove dark chocolate pieces, that had ridiculous sayings on the insides of the foil wrappers.

The first one I opened read, "Go to your special place," which made me chuckle to myself, and I thought, "heh, that's where I keep the bodies." So I hung it on the clip that holds my recipes.

...

I have decided I need a new bro-mance. Similar to a man-crush, just a dude to hang out with and get drunk with. Bitch about girls with, tell drunken stories to, hang out and do stuff with. Much like a friend, I suppose. A dude that if we were both gay would probably most likely get with each other...

My last bro-mance ended rather badly; He went slightly insane, started to drink a little too much more than our normal level of intoxication, and literally would pass out at the bar, head down on the table, or would stand there wobbling like a bobble-head, looking as if he were about to drop at any second. He also started to alienate all of us, throwing popcorn around, punching people in the face, acting obnoxious.

We took turns babysitting him, and finally it reached a breaking point, where we all stopped hanging out with him. He moved away shortly after that, with his girlfriend, who none of us really cared for anyway...

I still miss him in some ways.

...

I went to the The Bar on Valentine's day. Granted its pretty much the most unromantic place I could think of, which I was definitely going for. I was also wondering if there would be acts of desperation, people flocking there because they were alone and it seemed like a good place to meet and hook-up with someone...

Surprisingly there was an odd assortment of couples there.

I ended up chatting with a fellow that works at the The Bar, who is actually a really rad dude, and I think I may have found my first candidate for a bro-mance. I mean, he bought me shots. A lot of them, and I quite literally stumbled out of there, cuz those shots snuck up on me rather quietly, and suddenly it was time to go.

...

Tonight I think I shall attempt the going dancing thing again, though the likelihood of the ex-factor is fairly high, again. This time, however, I shall avoid certain substances, and try not to drink as much. Especially before going to the bar. Don't want to repeat that last time. No can do.

I'm feeling tons and tons better this week. My upset stomach seems to have lessened considerably, and I'm feeling more confident, and am actually smiling now and again. I mean, its the dead of winter, and I'm feeling like a human being again.

No comments: