Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowel Sunday

Its Super Bowl Sunday. And this fact means absolutely nothing to me, other than I'm planning on doing my usual Sunday night bar trip, to the bar up the street that has Restaurant Workers Appreciation night, where food and drinks are discounted greatly. That and usually no one is there early in the evening, and its a nice time to sit and ruminate by myself, and perhaps watch one of the many televisions. I'm wondering if the Simpsons will be on. Though I still fail to find "King of the Hill" entertaining in the slightest, though I suppose I should watch it to get a feel for the fine people's of Texas.

...

I spent last night laying in bed, listening to music and laying low, despite plans to go out to some sort of fund raising show... The hangover from the night before really did a number on me all day, and the thought of consuming more alcohol unsettled my already unsettled stomach.

I made a wise choice. My first entirely sober night since things fell apart.

Though I can't say I woke feeling all the much better about the state of my life, I did manage to spend half the morning accomplishing little things, like cleaning, and going out to work on my taxes, which I'm pleased to report I will be receiving a decent chunk of change.

I do not believe having a lot of money will bring me happiness, but it doesn't hurt to have some extra funds coming in.

The events of Friday night took more out of me than I care to admit to, and I'm not speaking strictly pill and alcohol. A minor set back on the road to recovery. Sometimes I wish I could control these emotions, turn them off at will.

("There are times I envy you, Mr. Data")

...

I'm going to attempt to quit the smoking. I'm not going to buy another pack tomorrow, or tonight for that matter. And see if I can make it through the day without smoking at all.

I only have a little bit left.

...

And a huge shout out to TCB, for calling me, checking up on me after the very drunken text message I sent him the night before. I'll be seeing you soon.

And also a huge, long overdue thank you to Spy Sweeper(TM). According to the little annoying box that pops up in the corner of my computer screen, I am now protected against 220,816 threats. I had no idea my enemies' numbers were that high, and I am a little alarmed they seem to be growing steadily over time.

No comments: