Friday, February 29, 2008

Ruh' Ro

Ants = probable thousands
Us= 32

The battle between us and the ants in our bathroom continues. Last night they released a massive barrage of vicious attacks in the early, early morning. But our defenses held, despite the onslaught.

I discovered that the plastic panel, shower stall lining in our shower, has a gaping hole at the top corner of the plastic. Ants seem to just be crawling right on in.

So I shove a plastic bag in the hole, hoping to block all access... But for some reason the plastic bag blocks most of the hole, but also pushes the hole larger, especially at the very ends of the hole, which get that much wider, enough to allow the teeny-tiny ants through.

Ants still get in.

Even ones with wings...

So I've been killing ants every time I go into the bathroom. I sometimes think about leaving the dead ant-bodies of my victims somewhere near the plastic-bag stuffed hole in my shower, as a warning sign to other ants not to come this way, but then I remembered playing the video game Sim-Ant, (which is a sweet old school game, about running an ant colony. Awesome!) that ants reclaim their fallen comrades, and bring them back to the hill. I could be mistaken, but maybe they eat them, or use them for something... anyway, point is, it wasn't going to work.

And it didn't. So I shoved another plastic bag down there, trying to get into the edges as best I could.

And that didn't work. The little buggers still squeezed through.

So I shoved a q-tip into one side. I don't know why I chose that instrument, but it seemed to work... For now.

So,

Ants = resilient creatures, super-strong for their weight, mandibles, likes my mouthwash...

Me = Two plastic bags, and a Q-tip, to stop (or stall) an advancing army.

...

Tonight was a most awesome, unexpected, totally bizarro night.

Highlights: Laser Tag! Horrible Gas! Making out with the bug lady! Lots of Alcohol! Awesome Eighties jams! P o t!

Too tired to write about it. More tomorrow.

No comments: