Monday, March 10, 2008

Take This, Confusatron! Spiller, you Weasel!

We are currently working on a movie script. By currently, I mean we have just decided tonight that roommate and I are going to make a movie of some sort, a short film possibly, though the subject matter has not officially been set yet, but we are discussing various themes, the most promising of which is about humans that develop super powers, but the powers are not actually super in any kind of way.

In fact, they are super powers, but of the lowest degree possible, in the most useless of manner, such as a super hero by the name of the Procrastinator, someone whose super power is to simply put things off to the nth degree. Imagine sitting around the Halls of Justice, in the Justice League, and some emergency situation pops up, and everyone runs around frantic, and then flies off to deal with such a situation, and there sits the Procrastinator, at the large, round table, mumbling to himself, "I'll be there in just a minute... I gotta do this other thing first..."

Or the Excusinator, someone that has the perfect excuse for any situation.

Or perhaps the Exact-Changinator, someone who continually, always has exact change in whatever situation when that person happens to be buying something.

Or the Conversation Stopper, who always, whenever they speak aloud in a group setting, always ends whatever conversation they happen to be taking part of... (example - "Old men give the best handjobs..." or, "If she had a problem with it, she should have woken up!" Crickets chirping follows, or perhaps the record scratch.)

Or the Filler, someone who can always fill up some kind of container, but with something entirely different than the container would originally contain, with something entirely useless.

...

Note- these ideas are copy righted, because I said so. Anyone stealing these ideas shall be punished by Jesus.

No doubt!

...

You get the idea.

...

In other news, rumors abound around the workplace. There may be a shift in management concerning my particular section of the restaurant.

This does not bode well, and we of the basement are finding ourselves in that quiet whispering stage just before the mutiny really gets riled up.

I'm not too concerned yet, as anything could really happen at this point. Its in our collective nature to worry and then bitch about things that could potentially change the circumstances surrounding our jobs, both positive and negative circumstances...

In some way I hope it gets even worse. Perhaps this could be the catalyst that really makes me up and change my situation in life, that finally propels me to leave my complacency behind, and actually make the changes I need to.

...

And tonight I successfully navigated, yet another, potentially awkward situation concerning a member of the opposite sex.

I know I'm still bruised, abused and confused concerning matters of my heart, and my recent re-emerging sex drive doesn't help that situation. Some days it literally screams through me. Takes over the thought process.

Actually there was no situation concerning a member of the opposite sex tonight. She didn't come out tonight, or at least that I witnessed with my eyes, even though a friend told me she was. A sort of set-up, in my favor. It didn't happen. It was just the thoughts in my head that I conquered.

That strange hope one sometimes gets in their head before venturing to the bar, that tonight, tonight will be the night I magically meet someone of real, sincere, genuine interest...

The thoughts that suggested my most, recent crush would be out and about tonight...

I let the thoughts go before entering the bar. No expectations = no bad results. Just another night out with some friends, and booze, and entertaining discussions concerning some not-so-super heroes.

It was a good night.

Besides, most recent crush is leaving in three weeks from this town for good. In some devilish way that only adds to it. Because at the moment, that equals safe to me. It will end, and I know when it will end = no unexpected let downs. A brief, passionate embrace that may actually restore my faith in female kind. No strings-attached sex for a little while, and romance, yes...

Then we shake hands and say goodbye, good luck, nice knowing you, and it will actually be a positive thing... Hey, we had this time, it was fun, I hope for better things for you.

...

Because, at this moment I can't seem to think that, nor say that to her.

...

In truth, I should probably be more concerned with other things... But goddamn, sex is a powerful force, isn't it?

And not just sex, but the hope for love. And the sex that comes with it...

I crave intimacy. I want to hold someone in my arms again, sleep next to someone again... wake up with bad breath next to someone again, and yes, sex-up someone again.

But really, the barriers are way up. Defenses are on red-alert. I've got some re-learning to do.

And I'm drunk and psycho-babbling again.

Sigh. I'll get this big, old, empty head of mine straight again, one of these days.

No comments: