Thursday, March 6, 2008

Not so Quiet on the Western Shower Curtain Rod Front

The ants continue their assault. They apparently have established a small outpost, in the metal plate that holds up one of the ends of the shower curtain rod.

I spotted three of the winged variety hanging out just outside the safety of their outpost. I smashed them with a wad of toilet paper, and dropped it in the toilet.

For some inexplicable reason, the new toilet paper my roommate purchased (mental note, must reimburse), floats on the toilet water. Thus creating a slow, obvious, imminent, tortuous death for the ants that I grab with said toilet paper, and then drop into the bowl to watch their frantic scurrying as their small, floating island eventually sinks, leading to a watery death.

I typically do not delight in killing any sort of creature, whether it be ant or spider, yes, even the bugs. But these ants have violated the terms of our agreement. They are trespassing on my borders. They sit for hours on my bottle of mouthwash. I have just spotted two in my room.

Also they seem to know my face now. After I killed the three winged ones, I noticed two peeking their heads out of their little outpost. As I swooped in with another piece of toilet paper, they quickly ducked back inside. Then, I swear, one quickly poked his head out, as if laughing at me, and then ducked back inside.

So then I sprayed it with Formula 409. It seemed to kill some of the ants that I sprayed as I miraculously did some cleaning in the bathroom.

I don't clean bathrooms. Often.

But it was kinda bad. And if grossness finally appalls me enough for me to resort to cleaning, you gotta know it was kinda bad.

I'm surprised roommate didn't budge first. She is a lady after all.

...

In a very good mood tonight. Worked on some promising lyrics after work. The sun was out today. In fact, I spent a great deal of time outdoors at work, smoking a little too often. There wasn't much work to be done, and I didn't feel guilty one bit. How can I possibly be expected to work when the sun is shining?

Besides, another great snow storm is headed this way this weekend.

I really hope this is my last Michigan winter.

No comments: