Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Choosen Whiskey Over Jesus...

I made a girl cry today. Quite unintentional, and rightly astounding to me.

Someone in the band requested an original song that I had written, to use in our project. So I sang in front of them, my newest song, the Fortune Cookie song that I still can't manage to record onto a computer of some sort.

My throat clogged with nervous energy, as if my singing voice had lain dormant, like an atrophied muscle. I choked my way through it, and towards the end felt a little more reassured.
And it sounded totally awesome to have your own composition totally rocked out with a backing band.

After the third run through, my voice truer with each take, I looked over to the saxophone player who had tears running down her cheeks, explaining she had just finally caught all of the lyrics, how sad...

I think that's the best compliment I could have ever received. And I have been feeling futile about my attempts at song writing as of late.

...

Doesn't help that winter is currently working its magic, again, outside of my home, in the form of six to eight inches of snow falling freshly.

After a fifty plus degree day. When snow was melting away. The sun was shining...

Winter freak out! I'm going crazy!

...


The ants continue to send their scouts and scavengers through the hole in the shower.

I've dug into my foxhole, I'm taking cover, and have given up for the moment. Assuming its not terribly nasty tomorrow, I may go invest in some caulk.

I need to win this battle.

...

And tonight I shall bask in the Maker's Mark and all its glory. Tea and whiskey together are a beautiful combination, one that I have discovered is quite dangerous to have around the house. The whiskey part, that is.

No comments: