Saturday, June 7, 2008

We need Hammocks

My new work schedule is throwing me for a bit of a loop.

Perhaps its the summer time. And/or alcohol related, which relates to my social life. But I've seen the sun rise more times in the past two weeks than I have in years.

It does not help my situation, that I can roll into work five minutes before two in the afternoon.

What really gets me is trying to suddenly make the extra morning time more productive and fruitful, as it slowly counts down towards time for work.

Staying up really late hasn't exactly been productive either. Mainly due to the level of intoxicants in my body by that time. It hasn't stopped me from drunken texting people or messaging people at all hours of the night.

...

She was making a quiche. I had come over early thanks to my ride to her house, who came by to pick me up as he went for supplies to install her new drier. And we sat at her kitchen table, drinking refreshing beers and catching up on gossip in the community, eagerly awaiting the next episode of Battlestar Galactica.

We were discussing my recent attempts at trying to re-enter the mad, crazy world of dating, my list of potential suitors, she said something that really resonated.

"But, oh, you're still broken..."

Not broken hearted, just broken.

That's how I feel lately. Especially when it comes to my emotional state. I have weird mood swings, and usually find myself quite sentimental late at night, and craving attention and affection.

I said, "I don't necessarily want to be in love right now, or a relationship. But I want some random someone to profess they're love for me..."

...

My spies had done they're job.

The first step in avoiding a trap is knowing of its existence.

I laughed about it. My friend texted me a warning of ex-sightings at the bar. I did get grumpy about it, and pondered not going out, but decided to suck it up and go anyway.

I was sitting in the downstairs, debating on whether or not to go upstairs to dance the night away, when a friend texted me that she needed a dance partner. She came down stairs to find me, and we purchased beverages and I snuck upstairs, and we danced to some sweet soul records, despite my reservations about going upstairs.

We hung out for the rest of the evening. Stopping by people's porches, hanging out and talking , and then walking around town, to settle on my the steps of my porch, until the birds began they're singing for the day.

I've been enjoying these nights. Staying up to the wee hours, simply talking with fellow humans.

...

Well, its about that time. Time to rev up the drinking engine, and see what Saturday night has to offer...

No comments: