Saturday, June 21, 2008

Super Awesome Summer Fun!


First things first. Today's random image. One of you used to have a penchant for this kind of thing.

...

Goth Night was a huge success, mainly in the fact that I didn't even go.

Apparently there was some famous, Goth DJ appearing at the club that night, so a vast majority of Goths left their parent's basements to frolic in the night. And to stand in a super huge long line, which was mostly no fun.

So a friend and I decided to bounce, and pick up some booze and to do some porch sitting. Which kinda led to some awkwardness, considering I don't really drink straight liquor all night, and that's what I did, and well I'll be damned, I don't actually know my tolerance for that kind of stuff, and hence the blacked-out portion of the night in which I did foolish things that I don't really want to speak of right now. Nothing too bad, uh, I think... Although the dancing in the street was ridiculously fun.

...

Wednesday night led to more foolishness, though of a different kind. I played my second open-mic night, and it went over really well surprisingly.

Except for the extremely drunk man having a very difficult time. Who was going to be homeless in five weeks, without a job, and declared over and over again he was going "off the grid" to live in a tent.

He asked me to write a song for him, so I did, right there on the spot, and improvised my first tune in front of people. I didn't know I had it in me.

And then it got worse, when he asked to sing a song and have me play back-up. At first I played and sang back-up vocals for him, which got a laugh from the audience, until it struck me that he was really, really having a hard time, and was up there pouring out his drunken heart to people, who were all unresponsive and pissed at him for being that drunk asshole at the bar.

Halfway through the song I stopped singing, and he kept going, and I felt so awful. I wanted to stop, because I knew that people were just ridiculing him, and I was part of it. Granted that he himself was being outrageous and forcing his problems on other people, but still, a cry for help is a cry for help. And I've been there, in the place where he is/was, so I felt for him.

He thanked me, and I told him "I hope shit gets better for you," and I meant it.

...

And last night, crazy barbecue, which was fun, and then some drunken antics hanging out with a girl, who is kind of troubling me, and I'm not sure what I want to do with the situation.

Girls are crazy.

I, for my part, am probably not helping the situation. Reference drunken blacked-out antics from above. And my predisposition to be completely awkward in front of dames I like, so bah, why is this crap so complicated?

Enough whining.

We're hanging out again tonight, and this could be the straw that breaks the camel's back. We shall see.

...

And girls are crazy. Did I mention that? Especially when friend's girlfriends are extremely flirty and possessing massive cleavage...

I did my best to resist. But whoa man, when a friend's girlfriend is blatantly flirting with both a married man and you, uh, not cool.

Had to leave that situation quick.

...

All of this equals Super Awesome Summer Fun!

...

I'm having a good time.

...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Art Frahm and his panty-dropping madness! Woo hoo! Did you ever check out the collection on lileks.com? Very amusing.