Friday, June 13, 2008

June

I have an irrational, unnatural fear of bees.

As far as I know I'm not allergic. Just a pansy whenever one comes snooping around me. That and I once slaughtered whole hives of bees at summer camp one year. I still fear retribution.

And right now there is a very large bumble bee sitting in my screened in porch, trying very hard to escape by attempting to fly through solid glass. I even have left the door open, hoping she'll fly through that, but alas, she's dedicated to getting through that window. Good luck buddy!

So now I have to smoke outside in the rain, because I simply cannot stand on the porch, due to my fears.

...

The rain is also vexing my evening plans to go dancing at the summer festival in town. Can't say I'm familiar with the bands, but I'm enjoying the act of dancing lately.

...

My friend S. has been putting out monthly mix cd's. I told him of my idea for an all 'track 6' mix, and he offered me the slot of June, which is the sixth month, so I worked on it all week and it is finished.

Though I'm really insecure about making mixes for people. Mainly due to being out of practice.

But the mix is done, and I'm handing them out soon.

I'm most proud of the cover art, which consists of a picture of Six from Battlestar Galactica.

Though I had to photocopy an issue of Playboy at work to get the picture, and despite my planning, a manager walked in on me using the photocopy machine, to photocopy a Playboy, which I claimed I was copying 'an article.' Even though it was totally a picture of boobs.

Oops!

He laughed it off though, threw his hands up and said he wanted no part of it, he saw and knew nothing.

Thanks dude.

...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sean and I had Kebabalicious last night after the Loretta Lynn show. You know where Kebabalicious is? In AUSTIN TEXAS. Your new town. Remember?! Well, do ya?!