Wednesday, April 30, 2008

No, I Mean, I Really Love My Mustache

I will be attending a wedding this weekend, of my good friends S. and B.

Its kind of a sore spot for me. Well, more like a bruise, even though ultimately I don't really need to feel sore about it. I mean, its their wedding, and I'm totally happy and excited for them, and its their day.

I still feel a little weird going to it.

I'm not trying to project my own shit on it, but yeah, its there.

In the mean time though, some good peoples will be arriving this weekend to attend, and I'm greatly looking forward to catching up with some good friends.

Like today, when I had a visitor stop by the restaurant to say hello, my old, old friend J. My friend J. I used to love so much, such a bro-mance, our drinking out of control, our stories legendary, our antics foolish and completely fun. Though he developed a problem with the booze among other things, and sort of fell apart there.

We'll be having dinner tonight, and will be hanging out for much of the weekend. This is so awesome. He seems to be doing so much better these days.

...

My mustache is awesome.

I mean, totally awesome.

I once vowed never to grow one, except maybe in jest as I left the mustache on for a bit after shaving the beard. My reason being that my father's had one for as long as I've been alive. You know, father issues.

But something in me just decided, now was the time.

I'm also going to be breaking another vow of mine, in the form of getting myself a Myspace page. A Myspace page that will totally be dedicated to my mustache. And its going to totally sweet.

I will give the link once I make the page, which will hopefully happen sometime on Friday.

In other mustache news, I almost got myself banned from the Cafe, mainly because whenever I'd go there to watch hockey with S, the Red Wings always seemed to lose. I had become a bad luck charm, and the owner figured it was me.

That is, until I showed up one night with the mustache in tow. Suddenly the Wings are doing just fine, and now I'm welcomed with open arms. My rally mustache will take this team to the top, I can feel it.

Its funny, though. Me watching sporting events. I've never really cared for sports, and always kind of kept up on the teams just for the sake of those conversations about sports that always come up at work with the people I don't know very well.

But I'm finding I do actually like watching hockey, of all the sports, mainly because its actually really intense pretty much throughout the game. Plus there's fighting, a lot of fighting, and its just acceptable. Not that I'm one for violence, but damn. That and its one of the few excuses I have to hang out with S. without B. around. They're one of those couples, the kind that can't do anything apart for the most part.

That and I really like yelling when I'm drunk. So sometimes I yell things at the TV during games, just to be funny about it.

...

I wish some days I could read people's minds.

I'm having trouble with figuring out someone's intentions.

Its kind of consumed my brain for the last week, and I don't know what to think about it all. Because mainly I've been over thinking everything, and that gets me nowhere, and then I'm left with emotions, and even those have been out of sorts, well, yeah, most of the time, but now more than ever.

...

And my roommate, bless her, has been totally slutting out lately. I swear she's doing it just to show me up, me and my unrequited lust and totally amazing "almost" sex life.

So far Mustache has yet to work its magical charms.

Eh. I'm not too concerned with the sex anymore. Which is good. Lust is a powerful drug. And has gotten me into trouble in the past.

...

Beyond that, life is so far, so good.

My thoughts on movement remain in the undecided state.

As someone put it the other day, those of us that live here in this town, year after year despite winter vows of someday getting out forever, we choose to live here if only for those four great months of Summer.

I've been having so much fun lately. I'm enjoying my living situation, I have cheap (enough) rent, and work is tolerable, gasp, has even been fun as well. I'm no longer harshing myself for some of the bad decisions I've made in life. I feel content again, to just be me, and do what I do.

I like me again.

No comments: