Friday, April 25, 2008

My Awesome Day

I just awoke from a luxurious three hour, decadent nap, in which I had intense dreams involving sex and other misadventures, and I was also wearing an equally intense cowboy hat.

I've also been spending my day in decadence, because quite frankly I deserve it, after making it through the last weeks of work, which have been utterly exhausting.

I slept in until 11:30, made my coffee and finished up some sewing projects, sewing projects I've meant to do for years; a patch that has on it a reindeer and says, "Reindeer Valley" on my military surplus coat that I wear everywhere, and also attached an old patch that had once resided on my first ever man-bag, also a canvas military surplus bag, that I once thought I would live out of one day. I attached it to my new man-bag, a canvas one similar, though not exactly military surplus.

I was sure to cut the patch off the old bag, taking a square out of the old bag, so as to have a small piece of it with me still. I'm sentimental like that, sometimes. I hope future
bags will also wear the patch as well, which will become layer after layer of canvas, and slowly grow outwardly through the years.

...

Then I watched some sci-fi shows. Why did they ever cancel "Firefly?" I mean, really. What the fuck!

Then I got breakfast at the diner, and then to the cafe for a beer outside on the patio, which for some reason whenever I sit at that table, all the crazies in town descend upon me requesting cigarettes, lighters, and monies. And sometimes strange hippy women decide to introduce themselves to me, telling me I have a great aura, and want to show me their artwork, and talk and stuff... this has happened twice now.

No thank you.

You see, this means that the mustache has not worked. Last night I came to the conclusion my mustache is now my furry shield, my shield to ward off those less-desirable ilk that may try to bring me harm.

I've decided that if I do meet any girls any time soon, they had better accept me for who I am, and accept the mustache I wear proudly on my face. If they don't, they ain't worth my time.

Apparently mustaches do not phase the hippy girls who can read my aura. Maybe my aura can grow a mustache too.

...

Walking home, I saw this man who was very bearded and shaggy, walking a teeny-tiny shaggy dog, and I laughed out aloud because they looked so similar. I love when dogs resemble their owners, and vice versa.

...

And tonight I shall watch the next installment of Battlestar Galactica. It shall be awesome.

...

The drama continues. I'm hoping things don't escalate tonight. I'm hoping the cell phone stays silent.

...

Allergies still completely suck.

...


I just sneezed four times.

...


And last night was the most fun I've had going out to the bars in a long time. I visited three different ones, for three different groups of friends, and had amazing conversations through and through, and drank entirely too much, though I did mix actually water into my drink rotation.

I know I've been kinda worried about my intake lately. But I'm also enjoying myself immensely. I suppose one shouldn't require booze to have fun, but I fancy myself a bar fly. I like it. It suits me.

And I'm going to do it again tonight.

...

And ooooohhh snap! The cell phone just spoke. Trouble, and the night is young.

No comments: