Monday, October 22, 2007

David Bowie ChaChaChaChanges

I sent out my first resume today.

Well, technically my second, though my first application attempt met with disaster, mainly due to the fact that I never really ever wrote a resume before this August. And I sent it to a somewhat large internet giant corporation that recently opened offices in my little town, that I did not really expect to hear back from. Not that I don't think I deserve to work there, but I probably wouldn't have hired me either, looking at that rubbish.

That's one of the easy things about food service. No resumes, no cover letters, refrences, yes, but still...

Not that I don't enjoy cooking. As an adult I get to make messes, play with knives, start fires, and produce something tangible with my hands. I feel a vague sense of worth at the end of the day, knowing I've created something...

But after six years...

I'm ready to do more.

Though I've been struggling, putting things off, just as I have for a very long time. Its hard to inspire myself to make major changes in my life. But they are needed. I've been driving the Lady crazy, and probably myself too, my stubbornness, my moodiness, just how depressed I've been in my past.

...

I've changed drastically in the last two months, so much so my system hasn't been able to process most of them.

I wake up around 8 am. I'm currently, (with the kittens' help) trying to push that back to 7. Well, maybe 7:32. I drink maybe once a week. I haven't played video games in probably two weeks, and I don't think I will for a while. I read before I go to bed, and I usually drink a spot o' tea before so. I attempted to write a short story the other morning. I go for walks in the early evening. The weather has been unseasonably, perfectly golden for this late in October. I explore neighborhoods that I have never seen before. I found a park near the house, with a little bench to sit on, underneath three magnificently red-leaved maple trees, hues of red I didn't think existed. (my thoughtful place, as Pooh would have it.) I started up blogging again, trying to maintain contact with old friends i've neglected along the way. I went to the dentist, the first time in literally 8 years.

Though I still have a ways to go.

...

Wish me luck in the job hunt. This state is in major recession.

2 comments:

Lass. said...

I wish you luck, friend.

Unknown said...

I haven't updated my resume in, uh, eleven years. Which is why I'm never leaving my job. The 3 hour commute sucks, but I have 6 weeks of vacation to look forward to in only 18.5 years.

You've come a long way since that New Years Eve party almost 5 years ago. 5 years. Half a decade. I guess we'll all done some growing up, huh?

Love ya!