Friday, September 12, 2008

Torential Torture


Disgruntled cookie is disgruntled.

...

According to a work email that someone sent out to most of my coworkers, I was voted the mvp for Tight Shirt Tuesday. A nice little boost for the self-esteem, always welcome.

...

I've been fuming for a day or two about the boss' decision to dump a shit ton of her work on me, work she was supposed to do for the weekend. Although just when I'm fuming the most, she has a way of, just at the right second, defusing the situation with a well timed "thank you," I wasn't expecting to get.

So I got exceedingly drunk about it a couple nights ago. Still kind of feeling the affects.

Its also damp and humid out. I just kind of feel gross all around.

...

I also found out the current object of my desires has gotten a job at our restaurant. And will be working a short stone throw away from me in the basement hole I work in, though in a different area.

This could either be the coolest, sweetest thing to happen to me, or probably the worst, most tortuous thing ever.

She broke up with her boyfriend again. Perhaps a ray of hope shining in. Then again, she sent me some cryptic text messages about "weird few days..." and I'm not sure what she means.

Then I think I spied her out last night, riding bikes around with a dude.

Now, this could all be my typical "expect the worst" philosophy, and my minor paranoia about the situation. Who knows. I'm kinda clueless about this stuff.

I'm not very good at interpreting girl signals. They are confusing at best.

Much like the x's insistence on going out of her way, i.e. coming down to the basement specifically to say good bye to me, even though she works elsewhere in the compound. Especially since she said she wouldn't do that stuff, upon returning to work at the restaurant.

Thanks. Have a good day.

...

Um, hey Texas. Good luck! Don't hurt my friends down there, Ike. They're good people. That is all.

...

No comments: