Saturday, August 23, 2008

They Ordered Me to Make Mistakes

August 22, 2008

...

Odd. If things had gone according to plan, upon this date, here and now, this year, I would have officially gotten married.

...

I suppose.

I mean, we changed the date a couple times, but this is the date that stuck in my mind.

...

I realized it tonight. How I meant to plan some kind of torturous reminder for myself. But really, it escaped my mind. Until I met up with some old friends at the bar tonight, despite my attempts to stay home tonight. A random phone call, again, friends in town, going to the bar. Blast. Damn me, Cause I'm going out, again.

...

The roommate and I set off fireworks. In honor of my would-be wedding day. Only because originally we were going to break shit, break something. Instead we lit off some cherry bombs at two in the morning. Just cause.

...

So hi. Mellow dramatics. I actually feel just fine. Sometimes I just like to wax poetical. Wax my emotions. Let them breathe.

...

Chicago was amazing. So eye-opening. A great side-step to the life I lead. To look back and see it all, how its been, all the crazy misadventures. How I want to change things, finally. Really, and fully. I want to change my life.

Quit smoking soon. Workout some. Nothing special, like, sit-ups and push-ups and shit. Simple. And actually attempt writing, stories and such. More. Be more productive.

...

Anyway, I'm drunk again, and its late, and I'm getting emotional. I was supposed to be married today. Wow, it makes sense, but it really doesn't.

Hope you are well.

"No one is around... Love will always love you."

(ps. I really want that cd back.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to marry you once, remember? Vegas? The Elvis Impersonator? Then you confessed your Scientology status to me and that was it. You broke my heart Joe. In seventeen places. You get NO sympathy from me.